Saturday, July 3, 2010

Artist swap opportunities

I've had a hard time lately getting myself in the right frame of mind to work on some creative ventures, but have done my best to at least keep my right brain from atrophying by turning to other people's blogs for insight. On one of my usual surfing sessions I ran across the link to a creative swap group that does a little smidgen of everything; ATCs, fabric painting, multi-media tags, postcards, and other crafty knickknacks that are worked on under a theme as a group and then shared between members. With a whole lot of luck and a few moments of internet time, I ended up winning myself a spot on the registration for the most recent swap, which is sponsored by Alpha Stamps, go me! Okay, really, I'm pretty excited about this since it gives me a set goal, forces me to focus my energy on one specific thing, and will hopefully allow me to play around with some new techniques along the way. My other project that I need to finish up on is the 1001 Journal Project which I have journal #4150 still in my hands after way too long and I simply must get it out of here before it's too late. I'm going to go do something useful and stop chattering in here about what I "should" be doing already.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds fun! Have you ever tried www.swap-bot.com? There are tons of swaps there, including ATCs, paintings, crafts...all kinds of stuff. I'm "emmatree" over there, in case you give it a try.

    I like when swaps give me some added motivation to create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Emma,

    Thanks for the link! I'm really new to the whole swap thing and was definitely hoping I could find more opportunities, I'm going to check out swap-bot asap. I'll look you up there for sure, and thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by and taking the time to write a comment for me, I LOVE comments! I will do my very best to respond quickly and appreciate this wonderful community of good souls. Wishing you joy and blessings in the small things.