1. WeekWord with Aimee Dolich (see previous post):
I have some pictures I took yesterday at my favorite little belgian ale pub down the street that I think work well for me when I think of the word "flavor", but now Matt has me searching my head for maybe a few more less "food" oriented options-stay tuned
2. Participating in Evelyn Alfred's (long lost friend from high school I found on Facebook a while ago) assignment on her post http://evelynnalfred.blogspot.com/2010/07/47-by-walter-mosley.html#links
Looking forward to reading this YA fiction piece and adding my two cents to the margins and reading other's interpretations.
3. Gotta get Journal #4150 out of my hands and on it's way back to the UK for the 1001 Journals Project. I've had it way too long and though I feel like I should keep adding to it, I think it's best to let go of it and stop holding it back from other's waiting to receive it.
4. Reading and really exploring totally the new book that just arrived in the mail via Journal Girl, Life Is a Verb. It was written after the author watched her stepfather die from cancer in 37 days, and could not have come at a better time for me as we just found out last week that Matt's dad is dying of bone cancer. I picked it off a list Kira put up of books she needed to cleanse from her bookshelves not even knowing what it was about, and it really does seem to be exactly what I need right now.
5. Rip roaring and ready to roll on my Art Journal Love Letters course just as soon as I get my new journal I picked up for it in the mail. Whee!
6. Going back to Ohio and being with Matt's family. It's so important that we make these moments count. I'd super duper love to visit Susan Shie out there in the Wooster area (her art is AMAZING), but the budget is getting pretty tight around here lately, so maybe next time.
7. Learning to be more open to myself, less needy of material objects to distract me from having to be happy with where I am and who I am, and learning how to live this life more connected to the present.
8. Creative Swap with Lenna sponsored by Alpha Stamps-waiting by the door eagerly to see the package arrive and hoping my friend Terri can get home soon so I can use her stamps :)
9. Time to make a card or journal or something fun for Matt's sissy Trish for her graduation and something for Megan something (I have no idea *blush*) who Matt has been doing work with out in the field since she recently got married.
sounds like a great list to me and i can't wait to see the flavor!!
ReplyDelete