Friday, September 24, 2010

Weekword-Comfort via Allie

Comfort (visit Allie's blog for more great responses to today's word) varies for me depending on the time of year, my level of stress and the never ending "do this" list going on in my head, and where I am at. When I was a kid, I used to have a bunny stuffed animal that I carried everywhere with me and rubbed his ears because they were so soft. Bunny's went through a lot of hard times; multiple sicknesses as my cling-to buddy, several trips to Puerto Rico, uncountable excursions to the grocery store, bank, dry cleaners, Grandma's house, you name it, bunny was there. After sewing his ears back on over half a dozen times, and many attempts to replace him, Bunny finally got put in the washing machine one too many times and did not survive the spin cycle when I was about five. It was a traumatic loss for me no doubt, but I still remember the feel of his soft, plush ears.

To make up for the loss of Bunny, I have surrounded myself with pets of all sorts of varieties throughout my adult life. They're an amazing source of comfort, love, and acceptance that I simply cannot live without. I'm so lucky to have each and every one of them.

Matty and me Christmas 2007 with our first pet-Ponzu

Jezebel (left) and Mochi (right) at 8 wks-muted tortoise shell sisters

Jezebel (bat ears) and Ponzu


The torties got really fat







Ponzu at about 5 mths
I'll add pictures from work on Monday as well-working in a Biology Dept allows me the luxury of pets at work too-and Tonka even gets to come with me to work! Sshhh, but don't tell.




Photobucket

Best puppy in the world-ever!! Tonka's my faithful companion and never far from my side.

Jinx-doesn't she look anything BUT comfortable? ;)

1 comment:

  1. pets are VERY comforting!
    we don't own a pet - travel too much! but my daughter was visiting last weekend, so we "babysat" Lola while she went to an engagement party! You can see Lola Wiggle-Butt on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by and taking the time to write a comment for me, I LOVE comments! I will do my very best to respond quickly and appreciate this wonderful community of good souls. Wishing you joy and blessings in the small things.