Sorry I'm late!
Our weekword from
Sow and Sew had such a beautiful meaning for her in celebrating her daughter's 3rd birthday, it instantly made me think of my sister whose middle name is Joy. She was the complete and total antithesis of joy at times, my Puerto Rican abuelo went so far as to call her "devil child" in Spanish as a common nickname for her :) She was the most precious thing; delicate, spiral curled golden blonde hair, and a wicked "angel" face. I love her dearly, and I'm extremely thankful I have so many stories to tell (like the time she mooned my father's boss and his wife while they were in the car behind us looking at Christmas lights one year) from my childhood because of her. She is an amazing force of nature, and now she has a little thunderstorm of her own who looks just like she did when we were kids!!
 |
| My little brother is the cutest thing in the whole wide world, but Miss Middle Name Joy is the smallest of us girls. |
 |
| My sister is the angelic little thing on the right in pink, I'm up front on the left. |
This is my niece :)
I had no idea the word Joy was going to really conjure up this little window into my family, but it's been an amazing treat and reminds me how much I love my sister.
Hoping everyone has a wonderful weekend and are enjoying the changing leaves.
What a lovely tribute to your Sister...sisters are really are quite wonderful aren't they? I would be lost indeed without mine.
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you for visiting by blog and leaving such a nice comment...I was here earlier but you hadn't posted yet.
I wish you a "joy"ful weekend.(-:
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteThe two are very alike, and it sounds like history repeating itself, except your niece will have a very understanding Aunt?
ReplyDeleteI certainly hope so John! Thanks for the comments you two, and I do hope you find something "joyful" today to enjoy :)
ReplyDeleteSo glad you have such lovely forces of nature in your life. I'm partial to devil girls myself. ;o)
ReplyDeletearen't family pics fun! i love getting glimpses into other families... hope she's a blog reader!
ReplyDelete