Monday, October 18, 2010

When I wondered why I let life pass me by




 this beautiful Monarch stopped by my yard late into the season-
his wings were tattered, and he rested
wings opening and closing
the sunlight hazy and gaunt in October.

But the butterfly was happy for the warmth
and although I know his time
 was measured in hours
So much more was it clear that
I should keep his flight going,
long into November.


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photographs and thoughts! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and for following me. I really appreciate it and look forward to getting to know you. Know I'm off to read more of your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by and taking the time to write a comment for me, I LOVE comments! I will do my very best to respond quickly and appreciate this wonderful community of good souls. Wishing you joy and blessings in the small things.