I'm up at the buttcrack of dawn like I am every work day here at work trying to get myself motivated to get on the ball with organizing the upcoming semester. It feels like I should have another 2 weeks before school begins but alas, it's not to be true-not one bit. I really really reeeaallyy have to finish plans for ordering supplies for the semester, develop a safety protocol workbook for the lab, complete balancing the funding sources, organize all the labs, get our maintenance vendors in for instrument calibration and testing, perform metabolic tests on our bacterial specimens, test our counter surfaces for antibiotic resistant strains, redesign our labeling system for chemical storage in compliance with OSHA regulations, attend several meetings, set up lab preps for the first two weeks of labs.....
Yeesh I need to get off my ass and move it!
Okay okay, that turned into a To Do list without meaning to, but there ya have it, the life of a Lab Managing Goddess. As you can see, my epiphany for today is the quite sudden realization that I have been lounging through the work week, still on vacation mode, when I should have been a desperate little squirrel searching for where to store all my acorns so the scrub jays won't steal them!Oh well, it's part of my charm (I like to think) and flowing with the "Procrastinator" side of me to stay calm and carry on till it's panic time.
I figured since I'm sitting at this desk more than I care to be for the next several weeks I might as well take a few pictures of the place and leave you with my little Happy Bunny quote that probably befits my sarcastic and rather acerbic frame of mind lately. Anyone up for some nerd sniping?
Hoping you all have a wonderful weekend and I hope to be able to show some pictures of my LifeBook work this weekend if I can ever get to it :) Ta Ta For Now!
Check out other week wording folks at Katy's place and join us next week for a little word nerd fun.





you are one busy lady Carmen AND you still managed to post. Even on time with weekword......Great and funny post. Thanks you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteFunny Cartoon.
ReplyDelete