Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Late Late Weekword Girl=Love

I'm fantastic at being late, and this weekend I decided to embrace it wholeheartedly. It was a weekend so filled with enjoyable experiences, it was hard to pull myself away (not to mention the internet wasn't working until last night :P) The hubby and I spent our time:
- eating traditional Japanese sushi (think monkfish liver, fresh raw sardines, spanish mackerel, and sea urchin roe)
- out to our favorite winery in the foothills (Cooper Vineyards)  for a meet up with friends and a little homegrown lamb stew
- meeting up with friends at the Farmer's Market and eating brunch at a local pub that has a prohibition/speakeasy theme to it (beignets and champagne cocktails, yum!)
- heading to other friend's home for a lovely vegan dinner where we broke open my tasty wine pick up from Napa (Cade Winery) and then headed out to a local nightclub to see Fred Eaglesmith

It was a very busy weekend!!

Alright then, I had planned to write some epic post about how amazing my wonderful husband is and how much I am so thankful to have found the person in this world that makes life worth living for everyday, but I'm pretty sure I just explained what a truly charmed life I have.

Here is my final contribution to love this week

“In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where no-one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art.”    --Rumi







Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a wonderful time and what a great quote Carmen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty (and yeay sushi!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by and taking the time to write a comment for me, I LOVE comments! I will do my very best to respond quickly and appreciate this wonderful community of good souls. Wishing you joy and blessings in the small things.