Friday, September 3, 2010

I Want To Be a Turtle Camp girl!



I've really enjoyed Susan Shie's work since finding her via Rice's book Living the Creative Life, and have followed her Turtlemoon site  for a while-so I knew about her holding Turtle Camp every so often for students interested in her style and creating together. Unlike  Teesha's Artfest, Susan's class is no more than four people and is a work week of time in her home, enjoying something hard to find these days;...an authentic experience. Needless to say, I want to go to this something fierce and thoroughly plan on making this happen soon, maybe even when we return to Ohio to see Dad.



On a different note, I got my first swap stuff back! I really enjoyed the postcards a lot, there are so many different styles-what a treat to see other people's work! I think what was really such a surprise and true delgiht was how much I'm totally in love with my very first ATC!!! I'm so delighted by it, I keep taking it out and looking at it-just to giggle and admire and coo.

I've clearly developed an instant "like" of ATCs :)

Oh and can I tell ya, I'm really impressed and intrigued with the little mini personal business cards that people left with their swaps? Adorable and cost effective.








Looking forward to going to S.F. on Sunday to see the "Birth of Impressionism" on its last day at the De Young with a friend, gotta find somewhere tasty to go to beforehand.

Can't wait to get my butt back into my Art Journal Love Letters workshop-I've neglected it a ton and Connie is moving on to Bigger and better things.

Excited about Kira's  PenPal Swap!

Ready to get my Sketchbook Project 2011 started

Looking to find a yoga DVD, youtube, or podcast that will give me some ideas of poses and working on relaxation techniques

Getting myself revved up for getting back in shape with the hubby-gym time Monday morning, stat!

Going to make time tonight for art!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by and taking the time to write a comment for me, I LOVE comments! I will do my very best to respond quickly and appreciate this wonderful community of good souls. Wishing you joy and blessings in the small things.