Wrinkle
 |
| Trying to study my wrinkles in the mirror, the wrinkles in my shirt, and all my thoughts on how time and space wrinkle, made me get a few wrinkles in my forehead from thinking too hard. |
 |
| I've been in love with hand wrinkles since I was a small child and would trace the pattern of my Grandmother's hands over and over again with my finger. I loved her rings and wished many many times to have a wedding ring of my very own because I felt that marriage was somehow magical (it is), and would give me special secret powers (it does, but they're more about needling, negotiation, and manipulation ) |
 |
| This is a composite of a Sequoia Redwood wheel (off of a ~1100 year old tree) that sits at the front of my work building and the hallway I walk everyday. The light on the shiny, newly waxed floors for the start of school made all these tight slips of "wrinkling" light, and the bark of the tree couldn't be any more crevassed and rutted. I love touching the tree's bark, thanking it for it's life, querying about how such things came to be in the first place, evaluating how small my blink of a life is compared to the years the tree saw, and always finding immense comfort in tracing my fingers over the wrinkles of it's skin, wishing I had magical rings like it does. |
Please visit
Junebug and the other wonderful ladies who participated this week!
I have fond memories of my grandmother and her wrinkles too. My husband likes to unwrinkle my furrowed brow (particularly as I think about the upcoming school year). Nothing compared to the 1100 years of experience. ;o)
ReplyDeleteI was fascinating by my grandpa's hands. I love that last photo. It is really fun to see the old wood in contrast to the sterile clean hall. The tree of knowledge and a place where knowledge is spread? Maybe I'm being too deep for a Friday. :-)
ReplyDeleteOh, sweet post and I love your photos. I loved my grandmother's hands, too. Playing with them during church is probably one of my most fond memories. And - Domestic Scribbles - my husband does the same thing, too!
ReplyDelete