ladies and gentleman,
I'm going to chatter about my husband.
You see, as much as it might be totally nauseating to others, my cute hubby and I have a wonderful story of love/soulmates found, that we tend to spread all over everyone around us. I won't bore you all with the details right now (I'm sure I will later), but it is three and a half years later and we are still pretty ridiculously head over heels in love. It's probably just a little gross to be around us for any significant length of time.
With all the stress that has been going on around our house, it's nice to remind myself through today's word that my husband is my rock. He's an amazing person who I'm so grateful to know, understand, and share my life with in every way. He's the only person I have ever loved so truly, openly, and unconditionally, outside of myself, no matter how much I wish I was a better person prior to him, I don't care.
I don't care if Monday's blue
Tuesday's gray and Wednesday too
Thursday I don't care about you
It's Friday, I'm in love
~The Cure
![]() |
| Cute husband man with his right hand cat in armor, Ponzu. Seriously, the cat never leaves his side. |
So head on over to Maria's place and check out the other amazingly creative bloggers who are participating this week. Better yet, don't forget to come back here on Monday (maybe earlier) for the new Weekword as I am the host this week! (Thank you Cathy C and Maria)
I wish you all a soothing, refreshing, joyous weekend with your rock.

ummmm - your new blog header is gorgeous! Ohio skyline? or ???
ReplyDeleteyes - I would say JPE (husband of 6 years now) is my ROCK... even when I'm anxious, pitifully pouty, scruffy with bedhead, dressed in pj's on Saturday afternoon, he stills makes me feel like a queen... sounds like your ROCK is much like mine... maybe they came from the same rockpile? ha!
looking forward to the next word... can't wait. have a fabulous weekend.
Good call on The Cure, there!
ReplyDeleteI tried to go non-literal myself this week, despite having a house full of rocks. Loved your post, and look forward to seeing what you pick!
Love Rocks! Keep negotiating those stepping stones along the way and those 3 1/2 years will accumulate. Sometimes Boulders need to be negotiated but you just keep on climbing that Mountain. The view at the top is so worth it! For me and mine, it is 33 years and (not) counting. I look forward to next weeks word!
ReplyDeleteOh,a pretty new header! What a wonderful tribute this post is to your husband. I lost my husband two years ago, and like yours he always made me feel like the most wonderful, talented woman on earth. Of course it was he, and not me, that was all those things and although he is no longer here physically, he is still with me, and that love continues to fill my life.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comments ladies! Christine my husband is exactly a rock like yours, it's a good thing to see that there are a few out there that definitely shine. Thanks for the kudos on the picture-it's actually from stopping on the side of the road on our long but quick drive home from Ohio this summer. I begged to stop and take pictures and this was my view from a little farm road off Hwy 80-it was so beautiful. Looking forward to tossing down a fun Weekword, off to go tumble through some ideas.
ReplyDeleteLove is a wonderful gift
ReplyDeleteLove is all you need...with a side of cat armor and solitare. ;o)
ReplyDeleteSuch a beautiful tribute to your husband.
ReplyDeleteYou surpised me! I first read the Cure and thought you had written about old rock favourites, but you had found another rock idea... Happy for you.
ReplyDelete:)