For some reason I've just been in one of those "non-blogging" funks, though I really can't explain why.
I've been busy at work, yes. The stress with the new guy has lowered quite a bit, but still I find myself cringing a little when we interact because I never know if it's going to turn into an "around and around and around" conversation where I walk away being entirely frustrated and feeling like a jerk. I'm just thankful that through all this that I have a job quite frankly-education in California is becoming a very precarious business.
Okay enough gripping and on to the Weekword :) Belinda chose an amazing word with local flavor and a colorful background that I find so interesting. Lagniappe seems to be a lovely Louisiana word that has traveled through the French culture there and originated from a Quechua word yapay, meaning "to increase" and is commonly connected to a small gift a merchant may give a customer, or more broadly as "something given or obtained gratuitously or by way of good measure."
Reference: Wikipedia
I thought it would be fun to express my lagniappe today as the small gift that I receive, by way of good measure, as all of you. You, who read this quirky on and off mess of a thought process sometimes. You who see my photos and read my chatter and take the time to look and witness and understand my life sometimes much more than I understand. I feel that the amazing little gift that I receive here is everyone one of you kind folks-I can't say enough how surprised I am that you're all out there!! Thank you for being here with me-I'm so appreciative truly and constantly hoping I can be better at showing all of you the amount of love you show me by being better at visiting and commenting at your blogs too.
Please visit Belinda and my other blogging buddies as they share there lagniappe!

It is always a great lagniappe hearing from you and visiting your blog Carmen. Thank you for being you.
ReplyDeleteI wondered where you had been! Nice to see you back and with a great image on this post. Have a happy week.(-:
ReplyDeleteIt's okay to not wanna post. We all get in a funk sometimes! Especially in the winter when all we want to do is hibernate.
ReplyDeleteOMG - how did you make this photo! I think you've been holding out on your blogger buddies & taking a photo editing course we didn't know about!! or you & your hunky husband have a creative life you are not sharing with us!! tee! hee!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the rest of your weekend, my blogger buddie!
Ahhh. You are so cute! I think it is wonderful how in such a large world we are able to find some many awesome people via tiny wires, screens and some magic. :-)
ReplyDeleteI have never heard of this word before and I'm amazed and in awe what you made out of it. It's great! I've missed out on Weekword so many times now!
ReplyDeleteAnd you know, it's totally fine to be in a funk and not blog for a while. I certainly can understand that.