The discomfort of the aches and pains of a mortal life.
The discomfort of letting a person we love down.
The discomfort of the quiet in a room where people's auras are quite loud.
Thank you Sally for making me think of this word that I so easily brush aside because it's safe and "comforting" to do so-some weeks we stretch our verbal elasticity and this week you've asked us to stretch our emotional elasticity :)
For me, I think of discomfort and immediately look for soothing moments to alleviate the pain...good food, good friends, warm baths, beautiful things, and a glass of vino makes life better no matter what my discomfort :)
| Chinese Marbled Tea Eggs-they are absolutely delicious and beautiful to open! http://steamykitchen.com/2147-chinese-tea-eggs-recipe.html |
| Super tasty little snacking plate full of healthy delights! |
| Dinner this evening was Italian caponata with toasted ciabatta and local Lodi vine from D'Art |
| Narcissus bouquet my hubby bought me from the farmer's market-smells divine! |
| Yah for bathtime with candles and bath salts!! |
Please go visit Sally at sowandsew.wordpress.com for more Weekwording folks and have a great week!
As long as discomfort is balanced by joy, love and comfort we can endure. I think that the soothing things you enclude here help to do that.
ReplyDeleteHave a happy day.(-:
It must be difficult at times Carmen, but with a great attitude and remembering the things that give you pleasure, well that is just brilliant.
ReplyDeleteI've learned something new about you. Thank you for sharing I had no idea about the MS. What a great hubby because those flowers are awesome. I love a great bath with candles. I could soak in there with a good book for hours.
ReplyDeleteCarmen, thank you for sharing - I had no idea about the MS. I can understand your discomforts, and I admire how you deal with it. You've listed all the soothing delights - the food and wine resonate with me! And you have such a wonderful husband. Thank you for showing us so much!
ReplyDeleteSorry I missed out on such an intraspective weekword. I understand your discomfort. The doctors think that mine may be due to Lupus, but like you, I'm unwilling to take the meds for it. I've worked with people that have MS. I know how difficult it can be at times. You have found some wonderful ways of dealing with the discomfort.
ReplyDelete