Okay seriously, this is shaping up to be one of the coooolest workshops I have ever seen in my short, but wildly fun life in the art journaling world. More than a score of talented, creative, fantastically in-tune, in-touch, uber fun people to learn from all in one awesome spot! I swear to god(dess) I made the Home Alone face when I first read about what Connie was stewing in her cauldron of creative juicyness after hearing of the ultimate demise (in like a matter of weeks!!!) of her current workshop Art Journal Love Letters that I'm taking right now.
Okay something like this...
Then I started laughing at myself for being such a dork...
All joking aside, honestly these are 21 totally rad (I heart the 80's-sorry!) people that I have read books/magazines/ezines about or seen their work in. These are 21 people who I have followed the vast majority of their blogs and watched their online youtube and vimeo videos, taking notes as I go on their techniques and materials. These are 21 people who have shaped and sculpted my excitement and enthusiasm for this creative medium-who've inspired me at the most unusual times, and who I have felt, ultimately, a bond with even though we do not know each other. I'm excited by so many of these names that I've found through AJLL, through Facebook, through Art Journal Ning group, through hunting always for more amazing souls to connect with.
![]() |
| Already feeling it creeping up the sides of my face, making me smile. Inspire, like a fire, kindles slowly to elevate my wild side higher. |
I can't wait to be delighted by all 21 artists offering, but these are just a few I've got personal fuzzy wuzzies over...
- Tracie Hanson, who is such a little bubble of energy on her blog
and takes in Nature with such a vivid passion that I find enchanting
and recognizable in my own style.
-Samantha Kira Harding is a girl I love to LOVE! She speaks to the part
of me that hurts, my body that doesn't always cooperate with the condition
I have, and the courage to stay resilient.
-Dawn Sokol who is the author of 1000 Artist Journal Pages where I found my very first inkling of journal love from. Who knew people could do such awesome real meaningful art in the form of a journal? She introduced me to this world and didn't even know it-I owe her much, but I still think I owe...((dramatic pause))
-Connie Hozvicka the most. Really, her absolute strength of character and sheer will to make this world brighter, filled with joy, and inviting others in with such a truly open heart is something to aspire to.
I can learn so much from them, and hopefully, they can learn something from this wild, throw-all-care-to-the-wind, process too!

I already fully planned to beg the husband to allow me to sign up for this even though;
1. I haven't finished AJLL and I know I shouldn't start playing with another toy when I haven't finished picking up my old ones.
2. Money is tight, tight, tight. I know I show the best things on here sometimes, and trust me, I'm way WAY luckier than many people out there (I so get that concept), but the truth is that we need to build our savings and me buying more stuff probably isn't going to help with that.
These are all important and very true concepts, but I promised myself I would make every effort to wheedle my way into finding the extra discretionary funds to make this happen. Plus, I can beg since my birthday is coming up in October anyways :)
But get this...this is the super duper, try not to pee my pants part of this...Connie has offered a chance for someone to win a slot to take this for FREE!
FREE is probably one of the best words in the English language (especially for a perpetual spender like me. FREE will make my husband really really happy. FREE will lower my guilt level for always asking for so much (and getting it too).
Her generosity (and the generosity of every artist involved) is awesome enough, but what I think just tickles me up and down till I turn purple from holding my breath in, is that she is giving us one more spot to give away on our own blog!!!!!
Giving to others so that they in turn can feel the beauty of being able to give something too is such an immensely meaningful thing-it speaks to all my attempts in my life right now to appreciate others and see love everywhere I go. It would mean so much to me to be able to give an opportunity like this, a life changing accumulation of talent to someone else freely to enjoy and cherish...hard to really describe how much I dream to make this possible.
So here's my wish, it's one I'll throw out to the Universe, to Connie, to the 21 Secret holders-I wish to have a chance to be part of 21 Secrets and to share my enthusiasm and love, creative, reviving, rehabilitative, juicy, love with someone else.
It's going to be the best trip to the playground I've had in years and years. Anyone up for four square?
For those of you who are curious about exactly the who, what, where of this whole happy happy joy joy party, here's the important dirt.
This is the role call of Teachers:
Andrea Schroeder :: ABC Creativity
Angelia Thompson :: Angelia’s Art Journals
Connie Hozvicka :: Dirty Footprints Studio
Dawn Sokol :: D’Blogala
Effy Wild :: Wild. Precious
Emma Peabody :: Treehouse Jukebox
/Hanna Andersson :: iHanna’s Blog
Heidi Newstrand-Dilley :: Heidiology
Jonathan “Blade” Manning :: The Artistic Biker
Kelly Warren :: Artful Happiness
Less Herger :: Comfortable Shoes Studio
Lis Hofmann :: Dandelion Seeds and Dreams
Lisa Wilson :: Life Unity
Mariza :: Marizateria
Natalie Malik :: Awkwardly Beautiful
Paula Phillips :: Journal Artista
Samantha Kira Harding :: Journal Girl
Sarah Whitmire :: Caspiana
Spooky :: The Paper Phantom
Tami Chacon :: Dream Wish Hope
Tracie Hanson :: My Blooming Life
Cost is $59 smackeroos--a SWEET DEAL! Please join us :)






Aww - this is an awesome post! I just wanted to stop by and say good luck....your photos are so adorable! :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I really hope you can join us in 21 Secrets!
ReplyDelete