Thursday, November 4, 2010

Ohio oh how I love it

We're out in Ohio to visit family and see my in-laws while we can before the holiday season hits us like a ton of bricks. I just love being here and wistfully sigh when I think about living out here someday. California has been my home most all of my life and I love it's diversity, the amazing beauty of the landscape in all it's varied forms, and the abundance of great food, music, wine and beer that blooms all year round in my home out West, but there is something so sincere about Ohio. I'm in love with the architecture, the lack of fences, the common and congenial friendliness that abounds, and the sincerity of a climate with real seasons-it's magic.

We spent time with the folks today, enjoyed my brother-in-law/host of absolute awesomeness, and even had a chance to wander through Olmsted Falls literally 2 miles from the parental units house in the middle of the Cleveland suburbs. It's truly a gift to imagine a life where everyday right outside a humongous cityscape, right outside the average middle American's doorstep is this...











I'm hoping actually to use this last photo to propel my NaNoWriMo writing-I feel like I'm on the edge of something quite fun if I can just get the time when the muse touches me (at like 3 a.m.!)

Thinking of everyone and going to do my best to be a good girl and do my Weekword tomorrow. Anyone who is interested, please join me! Contact Christine E.E. at http://silverlinings4me.blogspot.com
to join in-this week's word is abundance.

I feel abundantly loved and happy today!


Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. seasons!! the pic of the leaves reflecting on the body of water is my fav pic! but actually anything showing the seasons changing make me swoon! well, not actually - only JPE does that! BTW - his family lives in Reading, OH near Cinncinati - I think I will get to experience snow on this year's trip (which is after Christmas)... have a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous photos! I recently got to visit Ohio last month when my hubby decided to go back and visit his hometown and cousins (North Olmstead, which he hadn't seen in 35 years). I really fell in love with it. There was something so wholesome and all american about the towns we visited. I could easily move there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Wonderful Wonderful.
    I really enjoyed reading and viewing this Carmen.
    Excited for your Na No Mo novel
    Lynna G

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by and taking the time to write a comment for me, I LOVE comments! I will do my very best to respond quickly and appreciate this wonderful community of good souls. Wishing you joy and blessings in the small things.