Update!
Good morning and you princes of Maine, you kings of New England :) So yesterday was a bit of an all over day-starting with an attempt to harass Dad into letting us attend a doctor's appointment with him (didn't go so well), to Puerto Rican food (yeah!), a trip to the West Side Market, and a final stop in Peninsula down the road to see a great band, The Greencards.
Peninsula is a beautiful little slice of small town charm in the middle of the Cuyahoga National Park near Boston Township south-east of Cleveland. We had the opportunity to watch this small progressive bluegrass group in a large old wood and stone building owned by the park system called the Happy Days Lodge. I really wanted to head down there earlier in the day to catch some good photos out in the woods, but we just couldn't seem to get away, and the weather has been downright nasty here compared to the balmy 80 degree temps back home. Needless to say the show was amazing and I'm so thankful we got to enjoy the gorgeous voice of Carol Young and her supporting crew of wildly talented musicians, it was a packed house!
So what does this all have to do with abundance, my assigned word for the week you might ask? Well, besides the abundance of love that surrounds me here with my inlaws and the abundance of fascinating little adventures to take, we actually had an ABUNDANCE of snow outside the lodge when we walked out the front doors heading for the car! I've never been in snow that was currently falling heavily with a need to drive from point A to point B, and man was it cold! My camera and I still haven't come to terms with eachother about night shots and I was trying so hard not to slip in my smooth bottomed suede boots, that I just couldn't get any pictures in of it, but it was magical I tell ya! Hmm, well I did actually try to get pics in the car, but not a one came out-I'll post it just to give you the slightly eerie feeling of being on back roads in the snow in a little rental coupe-thankfully the husband man knows how to handle Ohio weather.
Funniest thing about it all for me was that as we drove towards Cleveland and got on the turnpike, the snow disappeared, turning to rain, and as we made our way to our final destination in Olmsted Falls, there was no precipitation in sight! I just experienced the Ohio snowbelt along the lake for the first time :)
Please go visit our host Christine and all the other fabulous folk who played this week and enjoy your weekend!
Safe journey, have a wonderfilled time!
ReplyDeleteyou're making an ABUNDANCE of memories...
ReplyDeleteI'm envious of your experience in the OHIO snow... but I'm pretty certain I will have either a dirty snow or slushy snow experience when I'm in Cinn, OH in late December!
The Happy Days Lodge - is it as cozy as the name implies? a packed crowd to hear bluegrass sounds like an awesome way to wrap up an evening!
Enjoy your trip & don't SLIP!
Hi!
ReplyDeleteI am a new member of the weekword blogging community, nice to meet you! And I love an abundance of snow!:)
Hi,
ReplyDeleteSounds like an interesting weekend...lots of things to see and do...plus snow! (-:
Hello! I wanted to stop by and say "thank you" for visiting my blog! Your weekend sounds like fun! We never have snow in sunny California, but it sure sounds like a beautiful experience!
ReplyDeleteI love your photographs1
ReplyDelete